Tramadol Hydrochloride 20 / 60 mg
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
Algen. Potent Somatic and Visceral Analgesic. Scored Tablets.
Algen Tablets is a safe alternative in cardiac patients due to cardiovascular stability at the indicated doses.
Tramadol Hydrochloride is a synthetic derivative of codeine, µ agonist, used as an analgesic for a variety of acute and chronic pain syndromes.
Algen Tablets has a dual mechanism of action, on one side it joins Mu-opioid receptors and on the other side it inhibits the reuptake of Noradrenaline and Serotonine, thereby increasing the activity of these neurotransmitters. This dual mode of action gives a powerful synergistic action, leading to a comparable analgesia with meperidine or codeine. Its duration of action is around 6-8 hours.
Algen Tablets is indicated for moderate to severe somatic and / or visceral pain and for the control of acute or chronic pain (fractures, sprains, contusions, osteoarthritis, neuropathies, etc.).
Algen Tablets is used in the treatment of post surgical pain in outpatients and inpatients, appearing as an effective alternative in most abdominal surgeries, mastectomies, orthopedic and spine surgery.
The combination of Algen Tablets with nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs, increases its effectiveness, producing a multimodal pain relief action.
- Dogs: 1 to 4 mg / kg.
- Cats: 2 to 4 mg / kg.
- 20 mg Tablets: ½ to 2 tablets every 10 kg b.w.
- 60 mg Tablets: ½ to 2 tablets every 30 kg b.w.
- 20 mg Tablets: ½ to 1 tablet every 5 kg b.w.
Interval between doses: administrate every 6-8 hours.
Contraindications and Limitations of Use
- Do not administrate in patient with prior history of hypersensitivity to the drug or severe hepatic or renal failure.
- Do not use in pregnant or lactating females.
- It is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled epilepsy.
- Use with caution in patients who are treated with MAO inhibitors (selegiline) and cytochrome P450 inhibitors (cimetidine, ketoconazole, erythromycin) or who have received it in the course of the last two weeks, because they may potentiate the toxicity of Tramadol by increasing its plasmatic concentration.
- Do not administrate together with agonists / antagonists (for example buprenorfine, nalbufine) because it may reduce the analgesic effect.
Under Veterinary Prescription Only
Store between 15 ºC and 30 ºC, protected from direct sunlight in a dry and hygienic place. Do not swallow. Keep out of reach of children and domestic animals. Always consult your Veterinarian.
- Algen. 12 blisters with 10 scored tablets of 20 mg each.
- Algen 60. 12 blisters with 10 scored tablets of 60 mg each.
Mon a Fri: 08:00-17:00
Where we are
Fragata Heroína 4988 (B1615ICH)
Grand Bourg, Buenos Aires, Argentina.