Batoxil LA DUO
Registered Trademark of Richmond Veterinaria S.A.
EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT FOR EXPORT
Oxytetracycline 200 mg | mL Ketoprofen 30 mg | mL
Cattle and pigs.
Broad-spectrum, long-acting antibiotic – Anti-inflammatory – Analgesic – Antipyretic.
Sterile Injectable Solution
Ready-to-use sterile injectable solution
Batoxil LA DUO is a sterile solution for injection of Oxytetracycline (200 mg/mL) and Ketoprofen (30 mg/mL). Bacteriostatic Antimicrobial, Anti-inflammatory – Analgesic and Antipyretic, specially formulated with agents and vehicles that give its formulation a prolonged effect.
Batoxil LA DUO achieves optimal concentrations in body fluids, serums and exudates. Approximately 23 hours in cattle and 18 hours in pigs, after the administration of the antibiotic, minimum inhibitory concentrations of the antibiotic are recorded, at the suggested dose. Antibiotic levels in serum (0.2 mcg/ml) can be observed during 3 to 4 days after the application of Batoxil LA DUO.
Oxytetracycline is derived from the metabolism of Streptomyces rimosus. It is an effective agent in the treatment of a wide spectrum of infections produced by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
Ketoprofen is a drug derived from propionic acid and belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The basic mechanism of action is the inhibition of the enzyme cyclooxygenase, which participates in the synthesis of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid, thus acting as an antiprostaglandin drug.
In veterinary medicine it is indicated in the treatment of inflammation and pain in bones, muscles and skeletal muscle system in cattle, sheep, pigs and dogs. It is also effective in the treatment of colic in cattle. In pigs it is indicated as anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic in the case of respiratory infections and Metritis-Mastitis-agalactia syndrome in the sow.
The combined use of both active ingredients is extremely useful since the anti-inflammatory effect of ketoprofen improves the arrival of oxytetracycline to the affected target tissues, besides improving the general condition of the animal due to its complementary analgesic and antipyretic action.
Its use is indicated in Bovine and Porcine.
Each 100 ml of product contains:
Oxytetracycline base……….20 g
It is indicated for the treatment and control of infections to oxytetracycline sensitive germs, such as:
Actinobacillosis (stick tongue), Anaplasmosis, Symptomatic carbuncle, Infectious coryza, Diarrhea of young animals (Colibacillosis, Salmonellosis), Bacterial enteritis, Erysipelas, Transport fever (associated with Pasteurella sp and Haemophilus sp), Non-specific infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, postpartum (metritis) and post-surgical infections, Leptospirosis, Mastitis, Foot Rot, Keratoconjunctivitis (caused by Moraxella bovis, Atrophic Rhinitis and Diphtheria caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum. The addition of ketoprofen provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-pyretic action while facilitating the arrival of the antibiotic to the site of action by deflating the affected tissues.
Medium Orientative Dosage
Bovine and Porcine.
1 mL every 10 kg of weight
Deep intramuscular route. Do not apply more than 10 mL per point of application in cattle and no more than 5 mL in pigs.
Frequencies of application
When the severity of the illness requires it, the treatment should be repeated within 3 to 5 days after the first application.
A slight inflammation with sensibility reflexes can appear in the inoculation site, effect that disappears in few days without treatment.
In some hypersensitive animals idiopathic anaphylactic reactions may occur presumably due to previous sensitization with oil vaccine excipients. In this case, medication should be discontinued and Epinephrine 1/1000 – 1 mL / 50 kg weight should be applied by slow IV.
- In animals intended for human consumption, treatment should be suspended 28 days before slaughter.
- Do not administer in dairy cows in production of milk for human consumption or its industrialization.
- Do not mix in the same syringe, cannula or container with any other substance not related to the product (other antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, anesthetics).
- Do not ingest. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Check the integrity of the seals before use.
- Keep the indications of asepsis and antisepsis before and during the application of the product.
- Occasionally a slight temporary reaction may be observed at the injection site.
- Prolonged use may induce the development of mycosis by suppression of normal flora.
- Do not administer to animals that are hypersensitive to the active ingredients.
- Due to its negative influence on immunization with live vaccines, it is suggested not to administer to piglets in the days previous to the vaccination against salmonellosis.
- Given the broad spectrum, the action is developed not only against pathogenic germs, but also against those that constitute the normal flora of the intestine.
- It affects the rumen flora of young cattle. It reduces the bacterial content, especially Gram-positive bacilli and cocci.
- Do not administer intravenously.
- Its use in pregnant females can induce abnormal coloration in the teeth of the newborn and ketoprofen can alter the cardiovascular system of the newborn.
- The product is not indicated in horses because it can alter the intestinal flora and cause toxemia.
- The product should not be administered together with corticoids as it may affect the integrity of the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- The product should be administered with care in animals with renal or hepatic failure.
- Store between 15 and 30 ºC, away from direct sunlight and in a hygienic place.
- Do not freeze.
Presentation: Batoxil LA DUO Multidose Vials
Containing 250 mL and 100 mL of Sterile Injectable Solution
It is suggested that the animals to be treated do not suffer from stress conditions before or after administration (prolonged confinement, mistreatment, exposure to high environmental temperatures for long periods of time and/or animals in a state of severe malnutrition).
If after the first application no remission of the initial signs or symptoms is observed, it is recommended to reevaluate the diagnosis or therapeutic.
Do not combine this antibiotic with bactericidal agents such as penicillin derivatives.
Always consult your Veterinary Doctor.
Destroy after use.
Do not contaminate the environment.
Mon a Fri: 08:00-17:00
Where we are
Fragata Heroína 4988 (B1615ICH)
Grand Bourg, Buenos Aires, Argentina.